African Solution was founded in 2001 with the motto “Waste is a Resource”. Later 2018 African Solution was formed to achieve a common vision to contribute towards waste recycling, environmental improvement, Climate action, agriculture, pollution-free oceans, managing and sustaining marine life conservation, renewable energy, poverty reduction through job creation, and sustainable development.
African Solution expanded its scope with wider Cities Solutions ranging from Spatial planning to Master planning of areas within Somalia towns, cities, and regions. The urban planning sector is led by a professional urban planner and supported by international and local consultancies with advanced experience in town planning. The firm will in nutshell provide immediate solutions to consulting services of excellence in spatial planning, environmental planning, and natural resources management, research, and sustainable development that are not limited to Sustainable waste management planning and recycling. The firm is a Social Business Enterprise (SBE) comprising both “For Profit” and “Not-for-Profit” enterprises.
African Solution has been founded by Hamdi Ali Jamac, and later joined by Abdifatah Kassima professional urban planner who has urban planning experience across the country to provide urban planning consultancy services. The firm also has an association with similar international companies and individual consultancies.
To provide urban and environmental planning services and designs across Somalia to enhance better urbanization and good control in the protection, renovation, conservation, development and management of the environment and natural resources for equitable and sustainable development.
African Solutions Aims to provide the following services
- Preparation of zones, districts, urbanand regional development plans
- Preparation of Land Use Master Plans (IndustrialParks, Gardens etc.)
- Urban Renewal/ Redevelopment
- Housing Scheme Projects
- Mapping and Remote sensing
- Preparations of Layout plans
- Informal Settlement Upgrading
- Research and Proposal Development
- Preparation of Architectural and Engineering Layout plans
- Site planning
- Land pre-investment and development advisory
- Urban transport studies
- Any other relevant urban programs
- Improve the environment by promoting waste recycling activities in the country
- Conduct research and experiments regarding solid waste management, recycling, clinical and hazardous waste management, waste water treatment, climate action, agriculture, pollution-free oceans, managing and sustaining marine life conservation, renewable energy, blue economy as well as agropastoralfarming
- Develop community private sector and municipal partnerships towards the improvement of the urban environment
- Create job opportunities by promoting the recycling of waste
- Sustainable Development
- Honesty and Integrity
- Human Dignity
- Teamwork and focus on results
- Participatory Approach